Thursday, October 9, 2014

Rise

If I had a dollar for every time a doctor asked me a question above my pay grade as a patient, I’d have my co-pays covered for the past year without a blink of an eye. “If you don’t have any of the symptoms of any of the major diseases, why are your levels so high?” she pressed me for an answer. “I have no idea,” I responded quietly.

I may have no idea but I can tell you I’ve thought and wondered the same thing for a long time. Long enough that I should have just booked the darn appointment weeks ago so I could have heard the doctor’s befuddlement and the assignment, I mean prescription, to go get more blood work done. Even as someone who is a fairly experienced patient, I still hesitate over potentially difficult news even though I know searching for the diagnosis is the first step towards the solution. But knowing something in your head and even when you know it in your heart there are times when the chasm between where you are and where you need to go has you paralyzed.

Similarly, this might be the case when we need to make a lifestyle change or when we experience the onslaught of the waves of life. When we’ve come to expect the rolling in of the continuous tide, we can sometimes hold our breathe and duck under, maybe even long after the tide has rolled out because our expectations have us expecting difficulty. Like the woman who was accused of adultery, let us hear the words of Christ: “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and do not sin again.”[a] Let us lift up our eyes to see the hand that’s outstretched to help us up. Let us rise with the peace of the resurrection.

Verso l’alto,
Kathryn 

Come on up for the rising
Come on up lay your hands in mine

I will go

Open your up your eyes
You’ve got to rise up when this world has got you down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfa3GZOEb38

We will rise out of the darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5m4N69UjQA

No comments:

Post a Comment