Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pierced by Goodness

Initially, I thought it was the combination of his icy blue eyes and chiseled jaw that pierced my heart. Upon further reflection, it was his goodness.

She’s depicted holding an infant; she’s portrayed cradling a crucified son. The child snuggled in her bosom is crowned with thorns. As he nestles against her, her heart is pierced.

He comes that we “might have life and have it in abundance” (Jn. 10:10). The Lord of hosts came as babe in a manger knowing he’d endure his crucifixion. He came to forgive us our sins and to offer us the Way to peace and joy in this life and the next. 

He came to incarnate Love so that we may be pierced by His goodness. 

Verso l’alto,
K. Coop

Did you know that your baby boy is heaven’s perfect Lamb?
That sleeping child you’re holding is the great I am.


Our finest gifts we bring
Pa-rum-pum-pum-pum
To lay before the King



I know You came to rescue me
This baby boy would grow to be
A man and one day die for me and you
My sins would drive the nails in You
That rugged cross was my cross, too
Still every breath You drew was Hallelujah
Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment